BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Rest of the Story

I thought that our dry ground, the move to and job in Phoenix, was the end of the story.

But God had more. (I’ve discovered that He always does.)

The opportunity fell into our laps, a recent offer for an even better job, a move to Knoxville, TN, a town that has special significance for us. It will be like going home.

At first, I didn’t want to accept the promotion. I felt like Phoenix was our new life from the ashes, our dry ground. I’d be ungrateful if I even considered it, right?

Nope.

Dry ground is meant to be a bridge. God wants us to CROSS the bridge, not camp out on it. The waters have to return to normal. We still have the Promised Land to claim.

God commanded the Israelites to haul stones from the riverbed and set them up as a memorial to Him so they would never forget their deliverance by His hand. So, even as my husband and I move on in obedience and victory, I never want to forget my dry ground and the bridges God provides exactly when we need them.

Have your experienced dry ground? Set a stone here as a memorial. Remember God’s deliverance and encourage those who may need to hear that God provides bridges.

5 comments:

KM Wilsher said...

Man, this is so encouraging! So glad Dry Ground is here!
I loved this:
"Dry ground is meant to be a bridge. God wants us to CROSS the bridge, not camp out on it. The waters have to return to normal. We still have the Promised Land to claim."
AWESOME

Anonymous said...

Love this. Nice work, Lori.

Hollie Garza said...

Enjoying your blog. Back to Tenn. I know god has favor and I'm so glad your on dry ground. Please pray for that my stormy waters will part soon.

Anonymous said...

We are proud of you & Dan, & know that God has good things for you in Knoxville! Love, Em

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one am THRILLED God has brought you back to Knoxville cause you are our kids and we are so thankful to have you HOME! Who knows what the Lord will do through you guys while you are here!... LOVE... Nancy