BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?


Moving is tough business, let me tell you. Moving where you don’t already have friends or family adds an extra challenge. While it is fun (most of the time) to get to know new people, it takes a while – for me, at least, the reclusive introvert. Ha. Even though it’s natural for me to enjoy being alone, I do get lonely sometimes.
In those times, I am thankful for the treasures I’ve picked up along our adventures – so many friends I consider the life-long sort. How did we ever stay in touch before Facebook?? Every time I see a comment or get an email from someone I haven’t heard from for a few, I get a strong urge to start hugging some necks.
Sometimes, the urge gets so great that my only consolation is the hope of Heaven. I fully expect to hug as many necks as I want, whenever I want.
My question is – do I get to be in charge of laying out the neighborhoods? Mine doesn’t even have to on a golden street, as long as the people I love are within neck-hugging distance.
For an invitation to this block party, see Romans 8. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll RSVP.
Happy Wednesday, Dry Ground friends. Proceed with confidence, kindness and grace.

0 comments: