BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

POV Wednesdays - Greener Grass

“The Lord…He makes me lie down in green pastures…” Psalm 23:2

The pursuit of happiness, written into the very Constitution of our United States, defines the quest of many Americans. We’ve been reared to seek out the best of the best, whatever that looks like in our individual psyches. Companions, jobs, houses, cars, clothes, reputations... the list is endless.

It’s the search for greener… the greenest… grass.

When the absolute greenest grass is idolized, though, seeking it fosters a discontent spirit. We can waste an entire lifetime in pursuit.

Then again, sometimes the grass is greener in a different field and there’s nothing entirely wrong with going there.

What I need to remember is that the pastures my Perfect Lover leads me to are the best available – found in that quiet and peaceful place of communion with Him. In that place, He tells me where to go, guides each step, leads and fills me with contentment (Is. 30:21). And those green pastures should be the object of my quest – my true and eternal pursuit of happiness.

(photo by photobucket.com)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen!
Well said, Lori.
Something I need to constantly remember.