BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekend Tune Up

Here's a great song that say much more beautifully what I meant about "scale." Also, it's heartfelt and poignant after such a tough week for so many people across this country. Praying for those in tornado-ravished places and for the Wilkerson family. Hope that wherever you are or whatever you're experiencing, this song brings you peace!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN to Nichole Nordeman's "Small Enough"

And/or read the lyrics here:


Oh great God
Be small enough
To hear me now
There were times when I was crying
From the dark of Daniel's den
I had asked you once or twice
If you would part the sea again
Tonight I do not need a
Fiery pillar in the sky
Just want to know you're gonna
Hold me if I start to cry

Oh great God
Be small enough to hear me now
Oh great God
Be close enough to feel you now
(Oh great god be close to me)
There have been moments when I could not face
Goliath on my own
And how could I forget we marched
Around our share of Jerichos
But I will not be setting out
A fleece for you tonight
Just wanna know that everything will be alright
Oh great god be close enough to feel me now

All praise and all the honor be
To the god of ancient mysteries
Whose every sign and wonder
Turn the pages of our history
But tonight my heart is heavy
And I cannot keep from whispering this prayer
Are you there?

And I know you could leave writing
On the wall that's just for me
Or send wisdom while I'm sleeping
Like in Solomon's sweet dreams
But I don't need the strength of Sampson
Or a chariot in the end
Just wanna know that you still know how many
Hairs are on my head
Oh great God (Are you small enough)
Be small enough to hear
Me now

(photo by photobucket.com)

0 comments: